Validating an RHQ Agent Plugin
When a plugin is loaded by RHQ, it is first run through a plugin validation routine to ensure the integrity of the plugin. The validate goal applies the same logic to your Agent Plugin build. The following checks are made:
- The plugin descriptor is validated against the descriptor schema.
- For each resource type:
- The class specified for the component class is accessible.
- The component class implements the proper resource component interface (ResourceComponent).
- For each subsystem specified, the corresponding facet interface is implemented. For instance, if operations are specified in the descriptor metadata, the component class is checked to ensure it implements the OperationFacet interface.
- If a discovery class is specified, the validator ensures it is accessible and implements the resource discovery interface (ResourceDiscoveryComponent).
Plugin Execution Sample